HDCC Golf Fitness
Director of Golf and Golf Fitness Instructor
Heather Downs Country Club will be offering a golf fitness program starting this year. The fitness program with be conducted by Director of Golf, Dan Sutton. All fitness instruction will take place at Heather Downs CC. The program will start with a physical assessment and video swing analysis on our driving range (initial session). After locating all overactive and underactive muscles, an integrated workout program can be established.
Sutton understands the connection between physical ability and a sound golf swing. “To be a more consistent and injury resistant golfer, you have to first understand the connection between the golf swing and one’s physical limitations. There are an unlimited number of ways to swing; the key is to find what a golfer can and can’t physically do,” Sutton stated.
How the program works
- A physical screen will be conducted on our driving range including balance, flexibility, and strength tests. Following the assessment, I will then have the student hit 20-40 golf balls, capturing each on video using V1 technology. (about 30 minutes)
- After all information is gathered and assessed, we will devise an integrated workout routine that best fits each golfer’s underactive, and overactive muscles. (each workout routine is designed to last one hour)
- Last, a schedule and package will be chosen. Each workout routine will last about 6 weeks, before having to adjust the original routine due to improvement.
Golf Fitness Program
- Initial session $65 (Includes physical assessment and V1 video swing analysis)
- One Hour $50
- One Hour Group Session $35 per person (no more than 4 golfers)
- 12 Sessions $615
- 12 Group Sessions $375 per person (no more than 4 golfers)
Golf lessons (45 minutes)
- Individual lesson $50
- Five lesson package (Includes TPI physical assessment and V1 video swing analysis) $200
16 Physical Swing Flaws
- C- Posture
- Loss of Posture
- Flat Shoulder Plane
- Flying Elbow
- Early Extension
- Over the Top
- Late Buckle
- Reverse Spine Angle
- Forward Lunge
- Hanging Back
- Chicken Winging
How many times does your golf professional want you to get the club “here” but you can’t physically do it? The philosophy of TPI is to achieve the most efficient swing that one can physically do, retaining individuality and precision.